The challenge today was to replicate an existing map that a client already had online in a website, but needed more flexibility. Requirements:
- Vector Icon with the “plus” symbol ✔
- Transparent tooltip with HTML content ✔
- Ability to filter different markers ✔
For this project we used the overlay technique, which allows us to display multiple maps in the same base map and filter them if necessary either with a legend or an external live filter. So we create 4 maps:
- Map for International Projects
- Map for National Projects
- Map for Biennials
- Base map, with the 3 maps above in overlay
This is the result:
- International Projects
- Nacional Projects
It’s worth noting also that we used the option to load content from a raw data source, a specific CSV format. This allowed us to import the data from the already existing map.
If you want to replicate a specific map let us know and we’ll see what we can do.